A personal injury lawyer is there for individuals who have suffered losses from accidents or mishaps. At a time when you should actually be taking rest; you might feel completely nervous on how will you be paying medical bills? This is when a lawyer steps into the picture to settle your claims.
Basic duties of a PI Attorney
There are certain basic duties which every PI lawyer needs to perform. It includes the following:
- Explaining the rights of the client– It is the duty of a Pedestrian accident attorney to explain how accidents can affect a person’s right. The laws regarding statute limitations are different for different states.
- Providing advice– The duty of a PI Attorney is to explain his client about an accident, the legal procedures, insurance waffles and all the necessary paper work needed.
- Represents in Court– A PI lawyer collects evidences and proofs related to your case to make a list of strong points that he will be presenting in the court. There are many personal injury cases which do not require trials and it gets settled even before filing a lawsuit. However, trials take place when the insurance company denies giving the compensation to the victim.
Some unknown ways by which an attorney can help you
Besides the regular duties, there are various other ways by which a personal injury attorney can help.
- Personal investigation– The attorneys have their own investigating team to study the accident scene, to take information from the eye witnesses, and make a summary of the how the incident took place. Your lawyer will have a separate investigating team who will assist him in his/her work.
- Can communicate with medical professionals– A lawyer fighting for personal injury cases can have their own networks with medical advisors who can provide services at the time of judgment when the matter is being discussed at the court.
- Deals with the insurance companies– – There are insurance companies that may not be willing to give you what you deserve or they may try to use dirty tactics to provide the lowest settlement to the injured. A PI Lawyer is aware of these tactics and they work on these issues on daily basis.
Besides this, a PI lawyer have various other area of activities which includes- medical injuries lawyer, slip and fall injuries lawyer, clergy abuse, mass tort claims lawyer, fire accident, medical malpractice, truck accident, Uber accident, Bus accident, and much more!